Saturday 9 April 2011

Summer!

I think that the world has really gone crazy! It has been 18-21 degrees all week in London and blue cloudless skies from sunrise to sunset. Which makes it much tempting to leave the damn office and head off to Hyde Park and chill (well, sunbath really). This morning I woke up (late, as I do on most Saturdays) and after a good session on the piano and a quick lunch, headed off to the City and River Walk with a colleague till the late afternoon. I think I got back with a tan!

The biggest shame was that as soon as I took out my camera to capture a few London shots sporting (rare) sunlight scenes and blue sky backgrounds, I found out that the batteries are dead. And soon after my phone battery was on the verge of death, too. Not amusing at all, especially considering that the Shard has grown by a good handful (or two?) of new floors since I last saw it 2 weeks ago and it is always good to have photographic records of the construction of such landmarks.

And once by the Globe, I got tickets to watch Hamlet in the very theatre of Shakespeare, but not until July. It is embarrassing that after 3 years in London I have not been to the Globe yet, but this is will soon be another thing off the list!

Although I am generally very optimistic, I am more than sure that this blissful summery weather will not last that long and thus I want to exploit it to the full and intend to head out tomorrow...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment