Wednesday 13 October 2010

Whole lotta writin' - Jogging

The next thing which comes to mind is jogging. The reader might recall that, many months ago, I mentioned my quasi-daily jogging activities. I am pleased to say that the effect of this was that I lost some 4 or 5 kg in a few weeks but I regret to say that this activity lasted only until the wedding, after which I regained those 4 or 5 kg and more! And I have proof for that...

The reader might also recall that in June I was in Budapest for a conference. During that conference, I wore a suit and it fitted me quite comfortably. Last August (i.e., 2 months later), I happened to try on the same suit and the trousers failed to go up any further than halfway my thighs! And this caused me a severe panic attack! Besides prompting me to buy a new suit (which, by the way, I really like!)

From that day onwards, I decided to take up jogging again, 3 to 4 times a week, as well as cutting out all the rubbish food I was consuming almost daily (nachos, crisps, desserts and that kind of stuff). The initial efforts were painful, but nowadays it has become part of the routine and I also invested in a new cool pair of running shoes which makes the effort much less stressful on my feet and also gives me incentive to get back on track, quite literally.

Despite the many urges from my wife, I keep insisting that I do not want to buy a scales to measure my weight but a few weeks ago, I happened to try again the trousers I mentioned above and, voila! The trousers did go up to the expected position and I also buttoned it, albeit not comfortably! So the effort is paying off! I hope that this time I will not abandon the exercise, both for the sake of fitting in my clothes but also for the benefit of my health!

No comments:

Post a Comment