Wednesday 13 October 2010

Whole lotta writin' - Sleeping

I have been writing now for over an hour and I think I need to recap and endorse on that magical activity which is the highlight of my day (if you consider 11.37pm as day)...I mean, I need to sleep.

Just to conclude, I have just finished my first year of my Ph.D., which means some 30% done. I will soon need to officially transfer to my second year, but that is another story...

Last week, another buddy of ours, who just moved to the UK to start his own M.Sc. at Bath, came down for a 30 hour visit to London, which was as hilarious as much as he is and once more spoilt my jogging efforts of an entire week by a single trip to China Town for a massive dinner and a couple of pints at our local pub...

At the same time, another good friend who is working in China flew over to the capital on vacation, primarily to visit his new-born nephew and also to catch up since the last time we met a couple of months ago. In fairness, we did not have much to catch up on, since we chat online almost daily and are always up-to-date, but at least we were for a few days in the same time-zone and could greet each other "Good morning/afternoon/night" with the same ending in each case!

All the visitors are now back to their workplaces, be it 2 hours away or 15 hours away, and we are back to work too. Actually this week we are off to Malta for one of our frantic 50 hour trips, which will surely be the subject of my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment