Friday 24 May 2013

Spring time...or not?

As I write this, I have just completed my day's work and it is only a few minutes before the bank holiday weekend kicks off - finally.  Also, as I write this, it is raining outside.  Actually, it has been raining since late morning, non-stop.  And it is quite chilly, too.

Nothing new, one would say.  And this is partially true.  But one must note that this is the end of May.  Summer begins in less than a month's time.  What is wrong with this country?  Especially when one remembers that 2-3 weeks ago, it was sunny, day after day and quite warm actually, with temperatures over 20 being the norm!

Dear UK weather, please decide: if you have deliberately chosen to annoy me for the rest of my stay in this country and lead me into despair, then go ahead and stick to rain and cloud.  But do not dare to give me ample sunshine for weeks at an end when all I do is work, work, work and then pour endlessly during a much-anticipated weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment